Let's try to sort it this way:

Politics are about power,

its about balancing of power, and its about distribution of power.
Democracy and separation of power are the result within modern society, not only because it is the most fair system but because it is the most efficient system - the latter is often ignored, because people are fed up with current disfunctions, not being aware of the extrem disfunctions of other political systems.

That said, a movement

- and that's what those demonstrations worldwide are - is a political action - even, if there are a lot of people participating that argue from their personal situation.
If you want to achieve a certain political goal, you can't be picky on what people are collaborating with you within your group, whether it is a party or a movement. You can try to establish certain agreements f.i. about to act within the laws, or to act even against laws but without violence as the legendary Indian movement with Gandhi did. But you can't tie those agreements too close.

'Hypocritical'

is probably an unavoidable blame of any political action. I don't see anything hypocritical in the Wallstreet movement that hasn't been surpassed by the financial authorities multiple times, that's why I think it is misplaced to blame them for that, although I understand that you are sort of disgusted.
There are many politicions that are elected for doing a job for the community who are hypocritical in the most things they proclaim, but even those politicians who are honestly anxious to serve the community are not immune against the blame of being hypocritical in one or another perspective.
You can accuse all western democracies that they claim rights within their own countries that they are completely ignoring in their habit against african people or other nations that don't have the economical power to force them to respect their rights.
You can accuse anyone to ignore other social wrongs or whatever when fighting only for one, if you ignore the fact that nobody can fight for more than a few closely connected political goals at once.

The original voting restrictions of the USA

are results of the historical situation of power. Such agreement on the regulations of power is based on the current balance of powers of those who decide about that agreement. Means, a historically installed rule doesn't say anything about the value of that rule in other times and in other social circumstances.