Quote:
The change needs to come from the people themselves

... and that is exactly what's happening at occupy wall street. A wide-spread opinion is finally getting out into the public. Just by the response you see all over the world, we should see that something's happening.

I agree that formulating their points would indeed give them more of an argument and make it seem more important, but I'm just glad that there's finally large protests in the one country which has been exporting this type of capitalism for decades.

And, redeemer: uh... no. I don't see how protesting for better democracy and against a strong lobby from the financial sector will clear the path for another Nazi or Soviet regime.

One point they make which I find very important is the huge influence the lobbyists have directly on politics. The video posted by Pappenheimer showed in a nice way: They invite the richest bankers to decide how the economy should work, but I never heard anything about them inviting any poor people when they were discussing and changing the social programs Germany has, last year.

That's just not what democracy is about, and I believe that's pretty much essence of OWS' message.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain