Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
Sorry, Redeemer, I'm quite clumpsy discussing political issues in english.

No problem! laugh I'm actually pleased that this discussion hasn't already taken a turn for the worse.

Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
By this time those in power follow already the proposals of the financial lobbyists continuesly(!)

I can't say I agree with this. In a recent statement, President Obama (in his attempt to find support for his jobs bill) said that he supported the Occupy Wallstreet movement. Unsurprisingly, the Communist and Nazi parties in America approved of his statement. This can't be a coincidence.

Incidentally, when America was formed there were a number of requirements to becoming a voting citizen. You had to be male, own your own property (that doesn't include rented/leased/mortgaged property) and be of a certain upper class of people. Basically, you had to be someone of influence and power. The reason this was done was to prevent mob rule, whereby the ignorant, uncoordinated masses work together to topple the government, only to be taken advantage of and subsequently subverted by would-be dictators.

Originally Posted By: lostclimate
i think the people who know what they want and have the brainpower to put together a well purposed well organized demonstration are to busy with real life, which leaves a lot of people who dont know what the hell they are talking about to vouch for the large amount of us who do have real issues with wall street.

You bring up a good point, LC. There is a "great silent majority," as LBJ put, who do not stand very far towards either end of the political spectrum. Many times we are represented in government by the extremists.

However, trouble can arise when the entire majority makes a political shift. Which direction the shift must occur in before trouble sets in is a very debatable topic that I wouldn't want to involve myself in in the slightest.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!