Originally Posted By: Quad
you did not play mass effect?

I know you're not addressing me, but I've got to say that I did not, and I never will. I hate that game, as well as all games like it, with a passion.

Personally I really hate the bright, shiny, colorful and (geez) the CURVES that characterize the sci-fi style today. I always have been, and always will be partial to such designs that fueled Alien, Syndicate, System Shock, Bioshock, and Blade Runner.

I'm happy to see that Syndicate is finally getting another sequel (even though it's an FPS) but from what little I've seen of it I'm disappointed that they've "modernized" the original cyberpunk style. I worry that if a sequel to System Shock 2 is ever made that they will do the same thing to it.

Originally Posted By: painkiller
what about Aliens vs Predator (2010), Dead Space or Doom 3? They are new games with that old "dark" style

These games were not dark, they just used lots and lots of shadow effects. When I think of dark, I think dystopian and gritty.

Originally Posted By: Pappenheimer
BTW, what about Portal - too clean?

Portal isn't trying to be realistic, and I like it's whimsical, comical take on science fiction. Truth be told, I hadn't even thought of its setting as "science fiction" until you mentioned it just now.

Last edited by Redeemer; 09/13/11 17:20.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!