You might want to give that URL a label..it's going off the screen.

Here's a quick and dirty demo. I commented out the look at object parts and just stuck with the alternate method. You can play with the other one to try and figure it out. There are a couple of cameras with more than one trigger and you might run into a few dead spots, but the demo does its job. WASD moves the player.

The movement code is an unfinished camera relative scheme I've been trying to finesse into shape. It's almost there but a little rough. If you're holding down a movement key when a camera switches, the player's pan locks until you let off of it. If you didn't lock it, the player would spin in place forever(while the key was pressed) at the point of a camera switch.

All the base movement and animation code are from or are derived from scripts provided by KeithBAmbit and/or Gnometech. The playerinput and miscinput scripts are custom versions of Doug's new template files.

Also, there were a couple errors in the code in the first post. Mainly missing brackets or spelling mistakes, but there was a vec_set missing, too. My own version of this code doesn't require it but removing certains parts of it required the additional of an extra line and I had forgot to do so. Everything should be corrected now.

http://www.geocities.com/hainesrs/tester3.zip

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links