I think we can agree it's the lack of support that's the problem. If you ran any kind of problem, like the keyboard issue, it wouldn't be fixed in a reasonable time. And the developers gave the impression they didn't really care. Feature X doesn't work? Then don't use it, problem solved laugh

I remember one of my first questions was do spotlights work? The answer from Gekido was basically "I don't know, we've never used them". Classic laugh
The answer was no. They were advertising all kinds of features that were still to be implemented. Which was a common theme with all the releases actually.

It all comes down to a lack of resources. They just needed a staff of about 20 when they had 2 frown I'm sure if it had a community of several thousand people, with dedicated users contributing, GameCore could be just as successful as other engines out there. I kept hoping it would go through some sort of revolution and take off but it never did.

As for money grabbing developers, I paid for Beyond Virtual, which was actually pretty reasonable considering the competition. GameCore was a free upgrade and is now free for everyone. So I can't say I feel ripped off, as they said themselves, engine purchases never covered their development costs.