I need an animated texture for a model. I can't use sprites over the normal texture because I also need bump and parallax so the only way (I can see) is to replace the texture every frame of the game with a whole new texture that represents the subsequent frame of the "animated" texture (I couldn't express myself any better and preserve the clarity :)). And it's more: I must have control over the animation frames (the speed of "playing").
I think the best option is to use ent_setskin I have a doubt: The manual says:
Quote:
Skins can be replaced by calling ptr_remove for removing the skin returned by ent_getskin, and then setting the new skin with ent_setskin.

Is it really necessary? Can't I just call ent_setskin directly?
My guess is the worst that could happen is not freeing the memory containing the old useless texture. But since I intend to reuse that texture (the "animation" is a loop) I don't want to flush it anyway. But I don't want any internal unknown bugs by not removing the old texture first.
Plus I want to set the skin every single frame and that would cost me fps's cause ent_setskin is rated fast but ptr_remove is medium.
Otherwise, is there a better way for creating an "animated" texture for a model?

ERROR in communism.cpp, line 0:
#include<god.h>
was fatally missed.