Quote:
now that i think about it, i think teleporters fit quite well, just make them teleporters instead of portals so you have your own style, also, you could look into 'one way' teleporters as to avoid players exploiting it
Unreal 2003 had a teleporter that could be used as a weapon (if you teleport into someone they'll be ripped into pieces)! I really liked that.

Keep up the good work, alibaba. Don't be afraid to do a LOT of tweaking -- this is a very unusual style of gameplay that means many level-design rules go out the window. As you approach the best scale/openness/complexity for moving gameplay it'll probably have an effect on what the most ideal weapon parameters are (long-range or short-range combat, for example).

Many shooters are 3D in appearance but really just 2D in practice (most of the action happening across a single plane). As players need to be aware of threats in all directions now, I imagine slower and closer gameplay might be more enjoyable (some limits on how regularly the player can change their gravity?), but it's impossible to say without being able to play it myself.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!