Quote:
BTW, I just noticed that in that photo of PC Gamer KarBOOM is listed right under Minecraft! You're bound to get attention by just being on the same page as that game. laugh
The registered userbase had stagnated since it had been a while since I had updated KarBOOM. Suddenly on Friday I had 10 more players, one of them citing PCUser UK as the reason they found it, and since then another 15 or so have joined.

I'd be interested to know what section KarBOOM is being shown under. Friends of ours in the UK are sending over a copy.

I'm hosting a game right now for most of the day -- probably until about 9pm EST -- but can't participate myself because I'm studying (5 exams this week). Server offline. Having port issues, and don't have time to resolve them today frown

I can't wait to finish uni for the year and focus my efforts on KarBOOM again laugh

Jibb

EDIT:
UPnP doesn't always work perfectly, is not necessarily helpful for network savvy users, and will only ever be used by players who host a game. The plugin itself crashes on some systems unless a certain Microsoft C++ redistributable is installed, and this crash happens on game startup, even though many users wouldn't have needed to use it.

It's extremely useful, for sure, but causes enough problems that it could have users give up on KarBOOM without even being able to try it if it crashes on startup.

With these in mind, the next version of KarBOOM will not use the UPnP plugin, but will come with a separate application that does to let the user open and close ports. The plan is for the player to be able to launch this application from KarBOOM when setting up a host (which will use command line options to set appropriate default values); if the application crashes, it won't take KarBOOM down with it.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 04/11/11 21:05.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!