The cars are final, as are the particle effects. Some of the textures will be kept, and the icons will probably not change much. The rest are placeholders.

Ramps have spinning conveyor belts on them (believe me, it works well in practice; cars just don't get enough speed for a decent jump on their own), and this will be obvious when they're complete. There is still a tonne of work to be done (both visually and functionally).

Not shown are ice (still needs some tweaking and a lot of work visually), pits and bridges (they go hand-in-hand, really).

Here're a few things on the to-do list:

Visuals
  • New multitexture shader.
  • Barriers, ramps and bridges [not shown] completely redone (modelling, texturing, shaders).
  • Improved shadow effects.
  • Walls in the pits [not shown].
  • Beautiful background.
  • Fullscreen mode and more resolution options.
Gameplay
  • Improved collision detection on ramps.
  • King of the Hill mutator.
Other
  • Complete menu redesign, recreate, reprogram.
  • Level editor (I'm still just editing raw data by hand at the moment to test level elements).
  • Music and some more sound effects.

That's not to mention heaps of online stuff I'm not even thinking about right now, and replay stuff to take advantage of the new level editor. Oh yeah, and player profiles on the website for sharing levels. Oh, and AI. The bots as they are do not know what to do about pits, grass and walls.

There's probably a lot of other stuff I've forgotten.

But yeah, that's where I'm at right now laugh

Jibb

EDIT
BTW: Since grass doesn't really make sense as a hazard, are there any suggestions of what should cause the overheating effect instead? Fire's obvious, but game fire normally looks rubbish, and it'd look especially awful if I wanted quite a large patch of it.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 03/28/11 21:45.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!