Maybe, the thread had to fail because of the provoking start.
Still, it had become an exchange of different views on certain world politics.
Some statements seemed to be misunderstood, which resulted in hurt feelings, and caused insulting statements in return, causing other insults or bad ass habits.
Most shocking to me was Redeemer's reply with the picture to a serious post about consequences of the Iraq War. (Didn't understood it right away, because I couldn't imagine such a provoking gesture.)

I don't see a reason to condemn the politics of the USA in general, there have been good presidents and good decisions, too.

There is no general 'this nation is doing everything bad', as the opposite isn't either true.
The USA have been involved in more conflicts actively, resulting in 'more guilt in doing wrong', while others are more guilty in doing nothing.

You always have to look into detail of a given conflict and how it is connected to other conflicts.
Each nation is complex in its own, and it is more promising to find out the different ways how their decisions evolved to get a clear sight on their acting than to state that a certain nation has general 'properties'.

The target should be to find ideas about how to collaborate with the people of each country who care about how the world goes on... Talking respectfully with each other, explaining their point of views and collecting information to improve their concept of the political reality is a first step.
Could have happen in this tread, too - but didn't...