Originally Posted By: Redeemer
Quote:
Christianity and Judaism are the same religion with a couple of changed rules, and an update on the supposed way to go to heaven.

Actually, there is a very big difference between the two religions. True Christianity is about salvation by faith alone. That's stressed repeatedly in the Bible, especially the New Testament. Judaism is based on salvation through physical, human works of redemption. Sure, we both believe in one sole God, but the similarities stop right about there.

Christianity has nothing to do with church attendance, priests, crusades, worship of the saints, or any of those other physical institutions. Like many people, you have confused Christianity with Roman Catholicism, which in my opinion is a complete heresy. The Roman Catholic church has performed hundreds of atrocities (like the ones you mentioned) in the name of God. They kept the Bible locked up for hundreds of years through the middle ages, and led people on wild goose chases for redemption.

True Christianity has nothing to do with that. The Christianity I follow is known as Protestantism, which you can see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestantism

I do not have it confused at all. I was a non-denominational christian most of my life until i started using a little common sense and logic. I know full well that original judaism is based off of works and sacrifice. but christianity's only difference is that if you believe christ to be the ultimate sacrifice as opposed to your first fruits, best cattle , whatever.. then you'll be forgiven. It doesnt mean though that things like the 10 commandments, and everything else in the old testament is meaningless to the religion. You just get a free get out of jail card if you screw up.

And please. dont try to tell me what i have confused about the christian religion. I very much understand the difference.

10 seconds on google:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html
and your saying the new testament doesnt promote violence? and again, you still are dodging the question of what religion and polotics have to do with eachother, or why the government needs to have any correlation with the questions like "why are we here" and such.