Quote:
then why is it we get atomic weapons but no one else does?

The cold war. Also that was after world war II, so it doesn't apply to your argument that up until world war II america was a total bully to every other nation on earth.

Quote:
why is it that we are trying our hardest to "own" the internet.

Our country did see the first achievements that might be called the internet, so it is technically ours (that's just one way to think of it). But even then the internet wasn't created until at least the sixties. So this doesn't apply to your argument either.

Quote:
there is no denying that the us seems to think that every one of our opinions can be the only opinion.

That's not true, but we are the strongest nation on earth (not saying that as a braggart, I personally don't think it'll last another two centuries). Our economy is about 100 times stronger than the economy of the next nation down. And I like to think our heritage of liberty, political and personal, is one that is as important as it is true. There are certain evidences like these that show clues as to what is right, and what isn't.

The problem I see with the american public is a grotesque lack of civic thinking, an intelligence that is respectful of the decisions and achievements of our ancestors while being educated and mindful of the views and beliefs our country was founded on, namely those of Judeo-Christianity. Even if you are not a christian yourself, you must surely recognize that America was founded as a christian nation, is a christian nation, and is not compatible with the worldviews of other nations that are founded on beliefs such as Islam, etc. Although we ought to strive to be as peaceful as possible when the ends meet properly.

Nations have religious identities. Most of America's founding fathers were not christian, but they were able to recognize this. Surely you can too.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!