Hiya.

Yes, WED is a bit, uh, "long in the tooth". I'm not sure how it would work for A8, but what about 3D World Studio? It's up to 5.6 I believe, and no longer has the "working on it" note to the .wmb import/export capability. I just bought it on a whim, but haven't tried it out yet. I'll do a test to export and import to 3DGameStudio later.

I'd like to see Conitec get in touch with the guy who made the program "Freeworld3D" and collaborate on an import/export (or full-fledged 'create in Freeworld3D') capability. I bought that program a few years ago and LOVE how it handles terrain creation and it's potential for writing-in your own import/export using, IIRC, XML. Alas, the creator was working on his Doctorate and had to take a year or two off to focus on that. I'm not sure if he ever finished or came back to FW3D. *sigh* Too bad...such potential!

I had to buy a different terrain editor, so forked over the dough for GROME II. I am still *blown away* by it's capabilities! Now, if Conitec could get a full-on plug-in going with that! Or, better still, implement their render engine as well.... *eyes tear up and lower lip starts to quiver*...**angels sing and golden light beams down from the heavens**....

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)