Originally Posted By: Superku
In Halo, you can choose a secondary short nick name (don't know the right word, sorry), consisting of 2 letters and 2 digits, f.i. KU77. That short (!) name is displayed above every player's head (only when you get close to someone you can see their full name, too). The advantage would be that players could change their nick afterwards.
Yeah, that's the right word. I didn't know about that -- it's pretty cool. Along with allowing the player to toggle player names on and off, I think that's a good idea. I guess the list of players would still need to have their full names.

For now, I'll try and get 0.2.1 out the doors with the features in the list above, but I do like the idea of players having a short nick they can change afterwards, and I'll have to get that on my to-do list.

Jibb

EDIT: I believe the lobby crashes were caused by pointers that weren't initialised to NULL -- perhaps on a Windows 7 machine the memory is zeroed (or more likely to already be zero?) when allocated, but not on XP. So while I still haven't reproduced such a crash on my end, this gives me good reason to believe 0.2.1 won't have such crashes, as the changed system uses a fixed-length array anyway.

Sundays are always busy for me, but I'm hoping to have 0.2.1 out tonight.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 01/30/11 14:37.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!