I like playing it windowed, and I only have small screens (1280x768 is my biggest). I certainly don't want to restrict users to my preference, but I don't really want to think too much about different screen resolutions and aspect ratios for now (EDIT: especially as I can't test them from here yet, and I imagine there'll be a little more fiddling to do to make them work with my AA).

Maybe in 0.3 laugh

The current plan:
0.2.x for bug fixes, small improvements, and basically making online play nice. Once I've got a stable version out (thanks for the help testing it, btw!) I'll make a big deal about it all over the internet, and hopefully get lots of users. Once there are 500 users, newer users will need to pay $5 to play online as an "introductory price".

0.3 will be a huge visual update -- I'm quite content with the appearance of the cars and certain UI elements, but 0.3 will have a menu overhaul as well as a level editor and interactive replay editor (rewind, slow motion, scrubbing, etc). Once a stable 0.3.x is released it'll have a "final price" of $10 (of course users already upgraded won't have to pay that), and then hopefully people will keep supporting the game as I continue to update it.

Offline play will always be free.

That's the plan, anyway.

Jibb

Last edited by JulzMighty; 01/29/11 23:15.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!