Because there was some criticism of LBGUI in the german podcast (thanks to my game), I want to speak out here to stress that LBGUI was extremly helpful for me and saved me a lot of work.

I really didn't find to hard to learn it. The long functions and many parameters are the price you pay for its functionality. The manual gives you all the information you need. I have to admit that I was afraid to use it when it first came out because even the small example file was so huge. Working through and understanding the small example took ~30 minutes, after that I knew everything I needed.

My advice: Split the small example into two files: on "skin.c" file where all the bitmap and struct definitions are. make sure you create LBG_*_BMAPS for all the components, so you don't have to create temporary structs in the function calls, bloating them up. Then you have one small file left where the function calls are in and everyone can see how easy it really is.

Just note somewhere that temporary LBG_*_BMAPS structs exist and that you don't need to have a single skin but can mix then as you like.

And JustSid is partly right with the flag names. why not share some? on the other hand, its easy to derive the name of the flag for each component.