Thanks guys. There's a lot of stuff to fix. As for the crash, I think it has something to with me using sys_free incorrectly somewhere, given the situations that crash. I've got ideas to change the lobby-creation function to be faster and safer (although, I really do try and use memory allocation functions safely!).

Here's the current TODO list for 0.2.1:
  • Lobby crash -- simplifying the system should hopefully stop the crashes XP users are experiencing.
  • Chat bug -- incoming messages interfere with host's chat bar.
  • F5 for bigger window -- I like keeping KarBOOM windowed for now, but I'll at least let you toggle between 800x600 and 1024x768.
  • Smoother play -- lag is ridiculously bad for the cars you own. Just awful. I have some tricks in mind to fix that.
  • Input fixes -- German keyboard support (must be a nightmare for those of you trying to put in passwords [which are hidden] on a German keyboard!); username and password input support the full range of characters that are accepted by the registration process.
  • More helpful interface -- See the max players, current players, who's online, your latency...
  • Camera tweaks -- Camera zooms in too fast for comfort, at the moment.
  • EDIT: Safer lobby navigation to prevent race conditions.
  • EDIT2: Servers are informed when players are having trouble connecting.

Thanks to those of you who helped me test it out and offered suggestions and bug reports! So far I've been able to play with Superku, Roel, and SchokoKeks -- special thanks to Superku, who spent quite a bit of time online helping me test stuff. But also thanks to those I haven't been able to play with yet, but have continued to give me feedback here laugh

I'm really glad for everyone's help, and so relieved that I didn't try and announce 0.2 everywhere -- it would've been a really bad start for KarBOOM Online!

0.2.1 will hopefully be out by the weekend's end.

Jibb

Last edited by JulzMighty; 01/31/11 21:26.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!