Wow, what a rough start! frown Okay...
Originally Posted By: Quadraxas
getting count down then blank terrain in offline mode. no cars etc.
That's troubling -- I thought inclusion of "D3DCompiler_42.dll" was meant to prevent that. Updating DirectX fixed it for others, but it's a shame it needs that. If anyone has some advice that'd be much appreciated.
Originally Posted By: Superku
I've tried it again: The game crashes when I open the lobby.
Bugger. I can't reproduce it here. The lobby seems to work fine on my end. Does the crash come with any error messages? I remember having inexplicable crashes a long time ago while testing the lobby, and they didn't happen if I logged into the website first (don't ask me why). But that hasn't happened in a long time, for me.
Originally Posted By: Clemens
Bug at start! If the windows menu popup with its buttons you've to click for start playing -> my mouse getting crazy and move at it own fast over the screen to the up-left ... so it's difficult to click the buttons (don't have the time for trying) ... I've to close the prog per ctr-alt-del -> then the mouse bug stops.
I'm not sure I fully understand you, but you're saying that when you start the game the mouse goes crazy? Do you have any gamepads/joysticks plugged in? If so, one of them can control the mouse, and it might be what's giving you trouble.
Originally Posted By: GorNaKosh
Same problem over here. The exe crashes if I try to open the lobby screen.

Quote:
It would be nice if the game saved the login information (check a box first).
Changing the textfield pressing TAB and login with ENTER, would be nice, too.
Yes, that makes sense. Same question to you, though: any error messages with the lobby-screen crash?
Originally Posted By: Roel
Great to see a new release! laugh

The lobby doesn't always crash, I could connect to my own server.
Saving login information would be great, as GorNaKosh said.

some little suggestions:
The game doesn't show up in the taskbar until I moved it around.
I succeeded to log in 3 times... maybe it is a good thing to prevent this in later releases(to prevent account sharing) grin
for testing it might be an idea to lower the fps_max variable, so multiple clients can run smooth on a single computer.
It is not important, but you could hide the "login succeeded" bar after a few seconds.
Yeah, I have a system in place for preventing the same user from being online on multiple computers, but have it disabled for now. In regards to the taskbar icon -- I don't really know what to do about that frown I have been having that issue as well for a couple of versions now.

EDIT: Yeah, you're right, "login succeeded" should go away on its own. I'll probably change my alert function to have an optional timer, so that unimportant alerts go away on their own, while important ones (like login failed) stay up until closed.

I've got a server up now, and it should be up for most of the day, so please try and join and let me know how that goes. I really want to get this working!

Thanks everyone laugh

Jibb

EDIT2: Apparently someone tried to connect to my server and failed? I've set up port-forwarding. I think. I don't really know how to test it.

Last edited by JulzMighty; 01/28/11 14:41.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!