Originally Posted By: Firoball
History repeats laugh

We had this with the early PC market, we had this with the early mobile market, and we had this with the flash market.

It's not that easy to pin down though. I mean it's not like people didn't try. We had Nokia and N-Gage which failed and we for a long time had Java etc. handy games which were a niche market at best though. Then the iPhone happened to be some sort of catalyst and poof - the market growth skyrockets...

Maybe JCL wants to try to get a slice of the pie but I have to say I'm not very confident that this will be a good idea. Others have been on that sector for too long and for engines like Shiva I even have the feeling that the focus sort of has drifted in that direction (considering that 90% of their showcase is filled with mobile games and even their initial orientation towards small to medium games with e.g. their very early browser plug-in). Without wanting to repeat myself for too often I'd say 3DGS needs to specialize to a niche rather than starting to broaden their target group...