Here's a little update to show you I've been working hard:

On the first screenshot you see a player carrying a box. The new placement system works, though i might tweak it a little bit later on. Animations are missing, maybe I'll exchange the player model sometime in the future. The other screenshots prove that jumping is now finally possible, too! You can also see the new weapon models, some of you might recognize them as I haven't created them myself but bought then.
The next task will be to improve the enemies. In the old versions, you had to hit them a dozen times to kill them, they just overrun you in numbers. In this version, they'll less robust but smarter. There will be "jumper" who can jump over crates to hunt you and "smasher" who will destroy crates within seconds, so you'll have have to be on the watch all the time. Also, ranged attackers will be able to cast fireballs on your defences.

To sum it up, it'll be awesome. I'm aiming to release a first version 0.6 in a week, but seeing the usual delay that my releases have it might even take a month grin