Originally Posted By: 3run
And yes, some one here said that isn't easy to make games with GS (not like it was), I can fully agree with that some one.

Personally, I think it was harder to makes games with Gamestudio in the past. A8, compared with A6 - which relied solely on C -, is awesome!

Don't take the steep learning curve of Lite-C into account, it is just a programming language which you have to learn as well when changing the engine (it enables also LOTS of new features and ways to code your game!).

And: don't take the claim into account to make super-graphics, that is just a pitfall even big commercial studios are struggling with - that has nothing to do with this engine. Other engines are more shining because they provide more shaders and stuff, but they *require* you to deliver suitable graphics, so, that is also not a proof that developing is much harder.

I even remember that in even older days the manual was a gigantic PDF. Hello? ^^ nothing comparable with that super awesome nice to search with CHM. And you can always look into all available files you include while including acknex.h -- also very informative.

So, what is harder, then?

Last edited by HeelX; 01/05/11 20:27.