oh dont get me wrong, i'm by no means saying that this engine cant do great, honestly, i think i speak for everyone who has seen my game.. when i say, with the right people, this engine can do GREAT things...

however, my point was, that the change from A7 to A8 didnt bring much VISUALLY to the engine, atleast from a noobs point of view... think about it...

Originally Posted By: Superku
I can request little but (for me) important features like the new d3d_entsort mode.
You don't pay for a finished product with feature ABC when you buy gamestudio but rather for a 2-year-free-updates-licence

this is very true and one thing that i like, they do tend to add little features when asked for which is great...

but the point of this thread, is 3dgs dying, is because of the following:

lack of alot of new users [comeon now, if you were just about to start game developing and looking at all the engines, what are the chances that you'll start with GS]

lack of DECENT looking projects [alot of this is due to the dev time but i know for a fact that theres alot of games being worked on behind the scenes, mine included]