As I said, it's only a thought experiment. Still, I was hoping that someone who knows how that autoban - plugin works (hint, hint) could answer that. According to Mike, anyone who ignites TNT gets banned. Read IGNITE, so stepping on said pressure plate would cause the TNT to go off....

Quote:

Think on it this way...
Dude-A builds a brick wall, and Dude-B smashes his car into it.
Who is at fault,
1> Dude-B for driving his car on the highway...
2> or Dude-A for building the wall ACROSS THE HIGHWAY...

Good point, but still, I wonder how the plugin would handle the situation described by me. Let's gather the facts...

1) Manufacturing TNT won't get you banned.
2) Placing TNT will get you a warning, but no ban.
3) Igniting the TNT WILL get you banned.
4) Building anything near a TNT block won't get you banned either, obviously.
5) The user who places the TNT doesn't ignite it as long as he doesn't step on the pressure plate.

You see, this is not a question of "Who's guilty?". Of course it's my guilt if I place a Landmine somewhere and kill somebody with it. For example. It's more of a question of "Who causes the detonation?", which is more likely a question the plugin would ask itself, as far as I'm concerned.

I can't say it often enough, nobody plans to actually go nuts and place TNT landmines everywhere, (Even though we would have a lot less problems with mobs) it's just a random question that popped into my mind while playing late at night yesterday; It might be irrelevant, but nosy as I am, to me this question is very interesting. That's all.

Yeah, but... Who is Lu?