Going Commercial

Quote:

So you want to make a living as an adventure game developer? How do you do it? And since the adventure game market is so small, how will you ever make enough money? And what if nobody likes your game enough to buy it? So many questions! Well, it's time to find some answers.

In this essay I will look at the adventure games market in general, then look at some amateur games that tried to go commercial, and then see what we can learn.

7 Witty Tactics for Funding Your Game Production

Quote:

#1 - Competitions
#2 - Selling Stuff via CafePress
#3 - Selling eBooks
#4 - Selling Books (CafePress or Lulu.com)
#5 - Donations
#6 - Text Link Ads (I expect to get $100 this month, and within coming months I’m confident to see this figure go to $200 or more)
#7 - Google AdSense. (For this income stream, I also expect to get around $100 this month and estimating the figure to double in the coming months)

18 Approaches for Setting the Right Price for Your Game

Quote:

One of the main concerns for indie game producers is how to price the game. Simplest method would be to use the ‘magical’ $19.95 price for your game, but there are more approaches available. Selecting the right price for your product is one of the key decisions in selling. Common objectives for pricing can be profit maximization, or simply - survival.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links