Hey guys, thanks again for your input!

I'm impressed you managed to beat the AI on score, James! That's crazy! Not that the AI is brilliant, but it's relentless and stupid, so they keep taking each other down with themselves and giving each other heaps of points tongue I can never keep up, except if I play really well with the weak-spot mutator on (and trust me, it's a bit easier in the version I've got with explosion power reduced).

I tried making them smarter -- it worked, and they were insanely tough, but the stupider stuff they did just seemed even stupider. I've commented out the code so it can easily be put back in if I need it, but I think in future I'll just have an option for ridiculously tough bots using the smarter AI -- once it has been improved, of course.

Micha: I like that idea about the mutator! Very cool laugh It's on my to-do list. I've been meaning to get more mutators into the game, so that even when I make a relatively small update people have more reason to stay up-to-date.

There's no real news with this post, despite my silence for the past 10 days. I just realised I hadn't replied to some things, and I want to announce that there won't be an update for quite a few more days while I have exams at uni frown Online is coming along fairly well (although, Micha, I've made no progress on what we've been discussing).

I was thinking online play might be postponed until a new A8 update comes out that sorts out some kinks in the latest public beta, but yesterday I got my new computer in, re-installed A8, and found that I was actually one version behind, and those kinks have already been fixed laugh So online is going very smoothly, and could be in action very soon after my exams! The problem is, a few days after my exams I go away for two weeks. I really want each release of KarBOOM to be very solid, especially as online play might require some maintenance, so even if it appears to work, KarBOOM Online might not be public before the New Year frown

Jibb

EDIT: Full-scene anti-aliasing works now, using a large render-target that gets down-sampled so I can switch it on and off easily, as well as it smoothing everything. This is as opposed to hardware AA which seems to only do the edges, which doesn't help my really pixelated specular highlights. Hardware AA also requires engine restart to take effect, but mine can be toggled on and off instantly as the user prefers.

No AA:

With AA:

Online play is nearly ready. You'll all be the first to play it, but I have other commitments and an exam over the next few days, so it still won't necessarily be out soon frown

Last edited by JulzMighty; 12/14/10 04:45.

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!