The State of Adventure Gaming

Quote:

Far be it from me to question the opinions of Tim Schafer, whose last game in 1998 was the now classic Grim Fandango (which, supposedly, never lived up to Lucas Arts sales expectations), so I’ll leave that choice in your hands.

[context omitted...see article in link for the parts that lead to the author's remarks below]

Graphics killed adventure games?! Adventure games are dead!? Well, for once, I’m at a loss for words, and the few that do come to mind would probably get me in hot water so I’ll just shut up.

But, if you would like to respond to Tim's comments, his email address at Doublefine – as provided in the CGM article – is info(@)doublefine.com. Maybe the developers of the upcoming Dreamfall, Myst V, Still Life, Lost Paradise, Keepsake, Martin Mystere, Around the World in 80 Days, Nancy Drew & The Secret of the Old Clock, Runaway 2, Tony Tough in a Rake’s Progress, Agon, Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None, Vampyre Story, Delaware St. John and others would like to write Tim and commiserate over the death of the genre.

(Neither Doublefine nor Highwater Group, Majesco’s p.r. firm for Psychonauts, have yet to respond to multiple requests to speak to Tim Schafer regarding his remarks in Computer Games Magazine)

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links