I actually just started looking into android a bit more today. The initial setup is a bit tricky, but it seems as if I got it to work now, but that is unhappily something everyone has to figure out themselves. I am also not sure about compiling on windows as you will need cygwin for it which could be a bit tricky to set up as well. So it is probably more fun to develop on linux or mac for android when using my engine. The reason for this is the way through c++ using, which should give many advantages in terms of speed and functionality, but doesn´t simplify the pipeline. It would be easier to just go with Java, instead of this combination of c++ compiled to a lib which is then used through the android java sdk. However, this is something you have to figure out once and which shouldn´t make any more problems afterwards.
I am now trying to get the android ndk examples to work in the emulator and will then go on with implementing animations into iSDGE. After that I hopefully manage to port the whole thing to android and then I have to figure out a way to get an android phone for free tongue.