How do we make a motorized hinge joint in A8? (In A7 we could just use phcon_setmotor, but a similar function does not exist in A8) I would be OK using the more complicated 6D joint if that is the solution. Are joint motors/springs/dampers implemented yet in A8: in the manual under pXcon_set6djoint it says that JointDrive[6] is unused.

I am having trouble finding the PhysX SDK Manual. Does anyone have a copy they can send me? It seems NVIDIA is delayed in giving developers access to the PhysX SDK. I don't necessarily want the source code, just the manual.

How are swing1Motion, swing2Motion and twistMotion defined (about local/global x, y, an z axes?)

EDIT: testing it out... looks like swing1Motion is pan (z), swing2Motion is tilt (-y) and twistMotion is roll (x) relative to bodies starting orientations. I think the documentation would be a lot more clear if it used the standard Gamestudio descriptions pan/tilt/roll than the non descriptive swing1/swing2/twist

What I don't understand is why the 6D Joint needs a Rotation Axis parameter defined by pX_setparams1 (Parameter 2), since the axes are defined using pXcon_set6djoint. I also don't understand why Parameter 4 sets both swing1 and swing2 limit in the x and y parameters, whereas Parameter 5 sets the lower and upper limit of twist in the x and y parameters. How do you set the lower and upper limits independently for swing1/swing2? For Parameter 6, shouldn't you be able to set the x,y,and z linear limits independently?

Also, will pXcon_getposition support the 6D Joint as well? There would be up to 6 values (x,y,z,pan,tilt,roll) that it would need to return

Thanks

Last edited by yorisimo; 08/13/10 19:16.