We know that the C02 rise is caused by us, because all our cars, etc emit CO2, which was saved in plants that died millions of years ago.

"Did you notice that the use of all of our newest inventions don't seem to coincide with any of these things?"
No, I didn't. In fact, I noticed that the number of cars, factories etc. went up and so did the CO2 levels and the temperature.

"And if ALL of our CO2 emissions aren't affecting the temperature of the earth in any significant way, what makes you think we can lower the temperature of the earth?"
I never said that we could actually cool down the Earth. We can only slow down global warming, but we can't reverse it.

Originally Posted By: Redeemer

Quote:
And if we act now, and we are wrong, we didn't cause any harm

Umm, wrong. We would've have wasted valuable materials and an insurmountable amount of time, to say the least. There are lots of people who have made it a political issue too, causing people to support causes that they don't really understand. During the 2008 elections, Obama made Global Warming an issue. There were many people who voted for him just because he promised to "correct" it. If Global Warming hadn't been made into such an issue in the first place, maybe that wouldn't have been such a buzz word during the elections.

I did say "(except that it was WORK, omg...)" but you omitted that in your quote...
The costs of investions in renewable energies and stuff are nothing compared to the consequences if we keep on emitting so much CO2.

Originally Posted By: Redeemer

Quote:
(And what a coincidence that both global warming deniers here are from the USA. It would be an even bigger coincidence if they both the Republicans wink )

So what if I'm from America? Have you totally forgotten that our leaders in America are now doing everything in their power to FIGHT global warming? Not that I want to be a part of it, of course.

Oh, and I am not a registered Republican. I have held support for many republicans before though, simply because they've shared more realistic and conservative views than the democrats. Oh, and as long as we're profiling people on this forum by what political parties they support, I bet you were a supporter of Obama during the 2008 elections. I wonder how that turned out. Still holding out for the "Hopey/Changey" thing?

That was actually a side-note of mine, that's why it was in brackets. But ok, if it angers you so much:
In general I don't have prejudices because of someone because of his nationality (or anything else). But, although Obama may fight global warming now, the USA is still one of the biggest greenhouse gas emitters. But that wasn't even what made me pass that comment.
What made me pass that comment was that the most of the global warming deniers I have met or heard about were Americans, and Republicans, and it seems that this also often correlates with creationism (and creationists are also usually americans, and especially conservatives). conservapedia.com also denies gloabal warming (and evolution).
So my comment's purpose was to underline that correlation between (American) conservatism and global warming denial. (Because I could guess you are conservative wink )

And you should know that I don't think you are a worse game designer because you are American or conservative. wink