Hey, no worries mate.. but I sure will take you up on that beer when our paths cross... no doubt!!!! Mmmmmmm.....love that german beer... guess it's in my genes since I have strong german ties.... IN ANY CASE... laugh

To answer your question, your topic is about encryption and to some extent compression. While I mention the GS commands for this in my first book, as it is IMO an advanced topic I will defer this topic to future books.

Consider that while gamers need security, any other number of MP project don't. Hence it's important for me to cover all the things the EVERY MP project will have -- login, sending data, etc -- and then move onto more advanced topics. In principle, that would be a topic for the second book along with registration, security, and other advanced net programming issues.

And the answer is "yes data is in plain text (or binary at worst) unless you turn on encryption in which case". I'd actually never thought about this but a simple packet sniffer would be able to answer unequivocally... or JCL on the boards.