"The biggest problem of (hobby) multiplayer development is
not developing a Muliuser gameenvironment itself,
but that developers quickly loose motivation:"

Couldn't agree more. That I'm still in it is more a testament to my stubborn bullheadedness than any real motivation at this point. tongue

But seriously, that is a good point and again, one which is worthy of entire books on the psychology of game development. I don't think that MP is any different than SP in that regard. You present anyone with a game that will take years to realize and they will balk... "years" just isn't in peoples vocabulary these days... "now" is... and so is "right" as in "right now". Which is another reason why I'm taking small steps with my book instead of trying to do it all at once.

Again, you and others bring up excellent points but they are just too big to be included in this book right now.

As a general question, what section or image of the book (not demo) would you like to see? What part of the book would you need to preview to get an idea of what it's about and it's usefulness to you? Consider that the Table of Content represents a work all but done so virtually anything there is open for preview.