the web as a platform will be as important as mobile devices. you had a webplugin on the forecast for a while but then it got removed. 3rd party solutions like osakit that use some kind of insecure activex trickery are no real alternative though.

to me it looks like google's native client technology will be the best way to have a game engine like a8 running in a web browser. it would be really great if you looked into it.

it can run native code (compiled from c/c++) in a sandboxed environment and it supports OpenGL ES for graphics (which you probably will need to work on anyway for your mobile device plans). native client projects also will be platform independent (win, osx, linux). another advantage.

i don't know how lite-c would fit into this. i think i have read somewhere that native client will make use of LLVM in the future (the reason is that then it also would be processor architecture independent). so maybe lite-c could compile to LLVM IR too? but in worst case we just would have to use the engine from other languages (c/c++, javascript,...) if we want to target the web.