@Bug
Just played it and it does looks nice smile It has that gloomy-cave look.
I guess we could call it castle basement grin ...but it would be great if you could make a level that is more castle-like. If we are to choose best level art/design we must have similar starting points, similar design conditions, so that we can see clearer what are differences and advantages of one or the other approach.

Also you forgot to put your Focus doc together with zip so that we can see what segment of your artwork should get our closer attention.

There is still lots of time for all of us and for our artwork proposals. Friday is the first milestone but there is also the weekend and then will see if we need more time.

...and one more important thing:

We have been asked by programing team to try and give some global feedback on the interface, menus and hud styles.

They will start with concept of the main menu structure based on the information from this etherpad (http://etherpad.com/rXhFZCN70j) For now dummy graphics will be used and later we will design the final look.

We are surely not ready for this kind of discussions yet since we just started with project art-style proposals. We haven't even had any discussions concerning whether the game environment & characters will be 2D or 3D frown But I do believe that we are capable of giving some global guidelines about this.

I will put few solutions in form of a question in ArtPad & if any of you have some of their own please write them next to mine. They should be questions that can be answered with Yes or No(voting mechanics are the same as for other subjects).

If anyone has any idea that is more of a visual nature, you should make some sketches and upload them on SkyDrive. Label it: InterfaceSolutions.zip. The interface proposals doesn't need to contain a specific art style, since the game style is yet to be determined and game interface should match it, so they should be more of a concept nature. Raw pencil sketch with small arrows & explanations on how the menu/hud should animate/move/appear is sufficient.

Then, on Friday(if we have anything by then), we will pick the best sketch and ask the artist who made it to combine his work with results from the ArtPad.

Last edited by Ganderoleg; 02/17/10 14:53.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<