I am hitting esc to close the port and program properly before unplugging.

Arduino software is setup to look at the same port number every time. I also checked through my device manager and it has "serial com port (COM8)" listed before I run A7.

The ftdi drivers seem to be working OK, I don't have an xp machine I can test on at the moment.
I thought it could just be taking a while for the drivers to load, so I gave it a decent amount of time before running my code. Also, if it's shown up in device manager, it should be loaded already. It is trying to look at the com port, I see my LEDs on my board light up as if it's talking to the PC the same way it does when I'm establishing a new connection, it just doesn't show any code coming in from the board.
Maybe I should test it for outgoing code to the board, send a number and if received light up an LED on a pin. Can I send using this code too?
If you can't reproduce the effect the same way, maybe it's a Win7 thing, I'll try setting up an older machine and test it the same way there.

edit: to test the output method I would assume I use port_write_bytes while checking to make sure port_read_status is true. does anyone have a sample of this for me to check, I have this so far used in the while loop
Quote:
if(port_read_status(hPort)==1) //TRUE = Port is IDLE. Ready for read/write. (writing untested)
{
var testz=77;
port_write_bytes(hPort, testz, 1, 500); // hPort, send 77, 1 byte, 500ms timeout?
}

Still not sure about if Win7 is the problem though

Last edited by Nicholas; 11/26/09 09:44.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.