Quote:
The delivered information which people usually don't realize (at least that's my experience) is that such a "touching" won't happen on a sub-atomic level but the interactions happen on a distance...

That's a matter of semantics. You're interacting with the object and are touching it, there is interaction going on.

In fact, think of a high speed car crash. Two objects collide with a huge speed. The way the actual touching works simply is like that. On a sub-atomic level, where's the boundary of an object anyway if it's magnetic field and all that is such a vital factor? What makes up the actual mechanical shape or surface that you would consider 'actually touching' something? There's no such thing.

I think it's a bit strange to think of this as an entirely new concept. We've simply figured out how it works 'underneath' the surface.

After all, if thís is not considered a physical and actual touch, then nothing is. Billiard balls collide and change directions and yet you're going to claim they don't really touch even though the result proves there has been a big interaction?

I think the conceptual change here is more so the meaning of the word touching something and much less what actually happens during a collision.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software