Originally Posted By: Toast
Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
I believe we are talking about the same thing, but he's changing his arguments quite radically at times. wink

Can you give me examples for that? Because I'd disagree on this... laugh

Enjoy your meal
Toast

The magnetic shift and poleshift for example. You had them mixed up in the beginning, but now say you meant the other thing, which is entirely different.

I think there's some more, but lets not make this a who said what issue, as that would be really futile.

I missed EvilSOB's post though, but he made a great point, so lets continue there. wink

Quote:
I dont think Phemox is actually a non-believer.
From the majority of this thread Ive read, it seems to me that he is one of those people, like myself,
who often get mis-interpreted when they object to people saying things like
"... it IS ..." instead of "... I think it is ..." or "... it LOOKS like ...".
When we hear people taking an "expert" tone without CREDIBLE evidence to back it up, anything
we say then somehow ends up tainted with a very negative tone, because we disagree with
the ATTITUDE rather than the subject matter.

YES. That's exactly true. Of course, a lot of what I am talking about can easily be classified as 'having an opinion' about whatever the other guy says. But most of the time it's quite futile to refute things that were already refuted over and over again. I'm definitely not a 'disbeliever'. There are several reasons why I am usually very interested in these threads, one of them being that I enjoy the thought of not being alone in this universe. Oops, what I mean to say, (nope I'm not alien), is that it would be incredibly exciting from a scientific perspective if we wouldn't be the only advanced life form.

I tend to agree with the mathematics in that in theory it's more or less likely enough for life elsewhere to exist to assume there's sóme form of life on other planets than Earth.

Quote:
(And, Sorry but I dont accept U-Tube as a "credible" source of FACTS either)

Not a source of evidence, but definitely a source of interesting stories, whether true or false. It's like TV. Probably a whole lot of nonsense, but always entertaining. laugh

Quote:
For example, in Toasts last post, he is saying that "the UFO phenomenon itself is undisputable and real".
Im not going to dispute that.

Yes, I agree here as well. I don't dispute that people really believe having seen something, or in fact have seen something.

Quote:
BUT I will dispute that as being PROOF of aliens. After all UFO stands for UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object.
UFO's are there ... no argument, plenty of (usually blurry?) photos.
UFO's are "Objects" ... no argument.
UFO's are "Flying" ... no argument. (even though some are landed)
UFO's are "Unidentified" ... no argument. We have no proof or evidence to what MANY of them are.
(I suspect this is because once we have strong evidence or proof of what it is, ITS NO LONGER UNIDENTIFIED!
and so that particular sighting/evidence is no longer interesting or useful to Alien-hunters / UFO-nuts, etc.)
BUT we have no OFFICIAL publicly-available evidence ANY of them are "Alien" in origin.

Yes to all of this and especially that last sentence. There really is no true EVIDENCE. Which is why I don't quite accept anyone claiming 'there are aliens' just yet.

Quote:
So how can you use the "UFO phenomenon" as proof of alien visitation, be it extra-terrestrial or extra-dimensional?
Quite simply.... you cant.
But you CAN say it "..lends much credence to the theory.." of alien visitation.

I agree. I also think UFO sightings could very well be mankind's own aircraft, but from future times. It's assuming time travel can exist in the future, but from a theoretical point of view, it would make sense to already see 'visitors' from another time. Again though, this is as much 'wild speculation' as the alien theories are. It's also assuming some of those UFO sightings are 'real'. We all know many of them are hoaxes and fakes.

Quote:
PPS:: Also note, personally ...
1> I do believe in Extra-terrestrial Intelligence. Its a mathematical certainty IMHO.
2> I highly-doubt (but NOT dis-believe) in Alien "visitation" due to the distances involved.
3> I do believe in the possibility Extra-Dimensional Intellligence.
4> I believe mankinds science to be too un-developed yet to even make an "educated" guesses
about the existance or behaviour of Extra-Dimensional intellligences.

I agree on all points. When it comes to extra-dimensional intelligence, I don't think in terms of 'ghosts' and all that, but I do think we, as beings existing in a 3 dimensional space, possibly won't be able to really grasp or understand how multi-dimensional (>3D) beings would be like, let alone how their existence would work.

It's like explaining to a black dot on a white paper how a 3 dimensional object makes up a pencil that can make black dots. Would a dot be able to easily understand how such things would work, dimensions included? For the black dot on paper, making a pencil strike would look like pure magic from their perspective.

Again, in the end I am just skeptical, but I'm not a disbeliever by default. The very same, believe it or not, is true when it comes to the God questions. laugh

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software