Originally Posted By: MMike
YEs its magnetic shift thats the talk about here, not poleshifting and i never though about that lool, like earth turning upside down that would be very weird and bad..
The problem is magnetic shift, so that there is no north or south, and no more shield to external magnetic waves from the SUN, also satellites will go down, and all electronics too. Radiation .. Gamma rays etc etc.

You're wrong, that's not what would happen! Magnetic shifts happen basically all the time and do not cause the magnetic north to disappear at all. In fact, when looking at these things in perspective (meaning over a long period time, millions of years) it really didn't matter for life on earth at all.

Quote:
and no more shield to external magnetic waves from the SUN

The magnetic field won't disappear.

Poleshifting however is something entirely different and ís of course what the 2012 doomsdayers talk about.

Quote:

As for the post-sparring that you and Phemox are having ... well ... it left me confused.
I dont think you are both arguing about the same point anymore, it just got lost somewhere.

I believe we are talking about the same thing, but he's changing his arguments quite radically at times. wink

By the way, about planet X. It hasn't been confirmed to be an actual planet at all, it's simply too big for a simple asteroid to be classified as something else and it seems to fit the picture of a tenth planet when it comes to it's trajectory so far. We've only known this 'planet' for 4 years though. (Also it's moving away from us and won't be able to hit us in 2012 at all.)

Here:
Quote:
"The planet is a typical member of the Kuiper belt, but its sheer size in relation to the nine known planets means that it can only be classified as a planet"

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software