@Frank_G :
In fact for the shoes, i did it that way cau i wanted originality and venician style, and i did all that without any concept, juts by drwaing ideas, a concept work could have done better things.
The model is lot smoothed in lot fo parts caus i increased voxle resolution in last steps: something to avoid !

Some responese :
No base mesh grin : i started from the sphere : in voxel you add volume laugh totally different from traditionnal push and pull.
In fact the model is composed of different object models to have some clean cuts between them.

For the low poly character that's to you to make the retopolgy like you want , it's so so easy and powerfull retopology in Coat3D : the best i think !

For UV Map: 3D Coat, have all tools to mark easily UV Seams , unfold and retouch them if really needed, and have a preview UV window.

The normal map was great, deleted retopo, caus i done it false in some parts, but i can redo it for the torso,head, just arms to show you how it turns ?

Just from a workflow point :
1 ) Just strat from Voxels , from the sphere, because that's voxels you can add or substract volumes , and make very good hard surface (new hide tool and delete hidden voxels) !
Want a leg , just add a cylinder or two (it's like boolean add and substract you can do anything that way) than work on them laugh
With symmetry , your characters creation goes fast.
2) increase resolution and add details as you want
3) retopology to make your low poly character : it's really a fun and easy part i like a lot (the retopo tools are so great)
4) Just tell COat3D to bake normal map
5) go in painting mode : paint diffuse directly on your 3D model or texture, you can paint the specular, and normal map if you need to add details by painting on normal texture (sometimes fro little details it can be best) !

With a pressure tablet : it's like drawing naturally , only pleasure on making a character compared to traditionnal quads modeling (extrude , cut etc ..)

Last edited by ratchet; 09/09/09 12:10.