Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
I am not sure why you think that argument makes sense. In a proper investigation, you will have to do more than just blindly collect information. In a proper conference you'll have to make sure people will be able to review your updates on the topic. A big chunk of convincing people is coming up with the most interesting e v i d e n c e. You don't need to show each and every testimony.

Apart from the fact that the press was able to get quite some in-depth info on certain things afterwards (and their website also features some of this) you're totally disregarding one major fact. Much of the info they want to give actually is classified. So if you'd pass stuff like that around they'd get punished and I guess the evidence would get confiscated and probably would not be useable in front of any US court. So all they can do is like crossing the border with one leg saying we have some classified info we weren't allowed to release but our conscience tells us that this would be wrong which is why we stand up now and want an investigation were we can testify...

Quote:
It's not unfair to demand some actual proof for their statements. Recorded conversations won't cut it, we'll need evidence of said alien aircraft or life instead. It's not unfair. Just like it's not unfair to ask the same proof for the God question.

Well your demand is unfair in terms of them wanting to get the proof of an actual alien aircraft etc. and that's what the whole investigation they want would be allowed. So basically you want some certain evidences but are against an investigation which might have the power to actually get those evidences? That's what I call unfair - I saw you giving no clue as to why such an investigation would be a bad thing (what would anyone have to lose anyway)..

Quote:
It is all about seeing something, where in reality, they certainly aren't seeing anything, but instead interpreting as if they have seen something. They might think they have seen something, but that's not necessarily true to reality.

I guess you didn't watch the entire conference through. I actually don't know what to say towards this and some other points of yours. When someone getting to a crash site with an alien aircraft and alien bodies you just say they were just hallucinating or something? Well it's the perfect counter-argument though as any time anyone experiences something like that he "just was seeing something where in reality he certainly didn't see anything". If that really is your point of view there's no use in discussing this any longer as you've already defined what is "real" and what is not despite it being so or not...

Quote:
Simply put, technology this advanced can still malfunction.

Sure - making such a conclusion would be quite irrational though. If you see someone at night with like black clothing & stuff doing something at a fuse box and the next thing is that the power & lights turn of would you suggest this being about a technical malfunction or would you suggest the suspicious guy turned to power off? Same for that UFO case - a strange craft visible for anyone doing something strange at the silos leading to disabled weapon controls: A general misterious techincal malfunction never uncovered or an interaction of that craft?

I'm not saying that you're 100% wrong but this having nothing to do with the craft would be very very very unlikely. Especially while talking of something serious like nuclear weapons and their controls - technology used for that is very solid and I know of no other case of such a "technical disaster" - do you?

Quote:
Pole shifting can only occur when very large planets come close to earth and cause an electromagnetic wave.

While I cannot prove that 2012 will be the next poleshift your argument is entirely wrong. Poleshifting is a natural thing and happens after a certain time. Actually the poles are always moving and "recently" they were actually moving pretty fast (maybe you heard from the updates airports etc. had to make to adapt some changes in the magnetic field)...

There was a theory of this happenning like well every 100000 years or something (don't know the exact number anymore the old theory gave for that). Recent researches show though that the timespan for this probably is much shorter as with some fancy new techniques while analyzing either ice or ground layers different orientations for the poles were verified...

Enjoy your meal
Toast