Well after following some tutorials, playing with voxel scultping a lot, with retopology, normal map baking, and texture painting (diffuse,normal or specular) ,
I see the big power of the tool laugh

- You can paint diffuse, normal , and specular at same time,
(i use a pressure tablet), so you can draw by pressure less or more depth on the normal map for example : This way you can add little details directly in the low poly model, without having to scultp them in 3D in the hight poly version

- you can draw in the 3D view on the low poly model directly in the normal map , this way you can add details incredibly faster than scultping them [/b]

- When painting in 3D View on the low poly model or on texture editor, you can put normal map to 0% , and specular to 0% if you want, this way you wont paint normal map, but only on diffuse.

- another way is to do all on the High 3D model, sculpt, paint diffuse and specular and bake all on the low poly model. But Adding details by painting on the low poly model , is a more faster workflow personnaly i find.

- Another workflow :
I imported a Low poly model, without having done any hight poly model, i drawn on normal map and diffuse directly on the 3D view, and i got a low poly normal mapped character as good
as if i had done it by using a hight poly model

- Retopology of 3D Coat is the more easy and pwoerfull i've nerver seen grin
You can make very very easily and incredibly fast make your low poly model[/b].

Well, i'm amazed by this tool.
3D Coat for only 150 or 160$, has Voxel Painting and have all painting/sculpting habilities on the low or high model. I'll have to make some tutorials, to show how easy powerfull it is.
With it , you can make NExt Gen things easily , fast, and have impressive results

Well i htink it's THE NEXT GEN tool for indie or low budget or hobbist people laugh

Last edited by ratchet; 08/18/09 09:16.