Hiya.

I upgraded from TGEA up to T3D when they had the special promo going (it "only" cost me $500 or so...*sigh*).

Anyway, despite it still being in BETA, I'm pretty impressed. It's almost like a totally different game engine...the tools are WAAAAAY easier to use. It takes COLLADA files now as it's native format, so that makes it *very* easy to import artwork. Applying textures to things is dirt simple; terrain modeling and painting is quite good; setting up a mood via sun, rain, lighting, etc...likewise, just a few clicks. Once this puppy gets out of beta and into full fledged 'gold', I can see it really giving a LOT (if not most) other game engines out there a serious run for their money...assuming GG gets to gold within, say, a year.

For me, bottom line, I'm not regretting the $500 I spent on my upgrade. I will be using T3D (beta as it is) for most of my "quick prototype-walk-through" games and proof-of-concepts as far as visuals, theme, feeling, etc. goes.

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)