Originally Posted By: Why_Do_I_Die
"So, how many people here in this thread develop games professionally as their sole source of income in their own business?"

I would say not many , but that's the goal.

I agree that may be the goal for some, but that's why it's called a goal. Smaller steps have to be taken along the way to achieve that goal, and for many people GS may be one of those necessary steps.

There would also be many people here who do not have that goal, and for them GS may be everything they need.

I can see this thread being started as a "Hey, take a look at the cool new T3D engine over at GarageGames" just for an FYI, but the ongoing argument that people should be buying it instead of GS just seems counter intuitive.

As someone mentioned a few pages back, this engine against engine argument goes on endlessly across multiple forums because it's a pointless argument. People either buy what they need, or what they want. Informational posts about new or different technology are nice, but posts trying to convince people to buy something they're not interested in don't generally accomplish much, except for the people who like to endlessly argue about something.

Instead of spending hours arguing about why your engine of choice is better, spend the time making a game with it to prove your point...

A7 Commercial
Two Track Music