"People buy what they can afford, or what they want to spend on a hobby, and that's what they work with. If you can afford a bazillion dollars to buy a whiz bang engine that's great"

Yeah , the point of all those arguments was that Torque3D only costs a mere $1000 , and the AAA+ toolsets can cost close to a million , hence how it's a great thing that it's at an affordable price to the average person. How much money do you have to make to consider a $1000 investment in a game development engine too expensive ? $0.25 an hour ? A decent size television will run you at $2000 to $4000 , and even a shitty small one will be around $7000 to $1000 , unless you buy one of those tiny ones. PS3 came out costing around $600 , and sold like cake. So the point was , that the engine looks incredible , and is very affordable, I don't see how anyone could see it as being too expensive. In fact , most people can get some type of credit to buy it and pay it off in small amounts , just like people buy everything else.

Now I still don't have the engine , so I can't say first hand if it's as awesome as it looks like it's going to be , but if it is , I would say it's easily worth it's price tag.

"What track record? How many people have gotten wealthy off a game made with Torque?"
Many more than gamestudio , that's for certain.(though that's purely developer's fault rather than engine)

"I think most people have an idea of what things are worth, but they also have a better idea of what they can afford."
Yeah , the engine is $1000 , not $100,000
If $1000 is such an astronomical price tag for you , then how on earth do you afford to pay your rent and your bills ?

"Again, compared to a Lamborghini a Lexus is a steal, so why aren't we all driving a Lexus? Everyone tries to use the comparison above, but you can't compare T3D to U3 no matter how hard you try"
T3D Toolset is starting to look more and more like a truly next gen toolset. But price wise , your comparison doesn't work , it's more like comparing a lamborghini to a Lexus that's priced like a 15 year old used , shitty , half broken camaro. Would be crazy not to buy that Lexus right ?

"There are people that spend $50,000 on a night in a penthouse suite"
Yeah , and for those people there is UE3 and Cry Engine.

"but I'm betting most people here can't do that, so they stay in a Best Western"
Yeah , but your suggesting even that is too much , and maybe they should stay in the smallest shittiest hotel in the worst part of town.

"If money is an issue, then you make do with what you can afford to work with."
Again , it's $1000 and NOT $100,000 like your making it seem.

"Torque in all it's various forms has been around for 9 years now, and though 'commercial' games have been made with it I'd like to see a list of people who have become millionaires from them"
The tribes people musta made a couple millies for sure.

"And again, how does this relate? I've seen people pay $60,000 for a paint job on a vehicle, but that still doesn't mean that being able to get a whole car for $60,000 is a good deal for the average person. Why throw these figures out there?"
Because it shows the weight of the money.

You seem to not understand anything , the examples I put were very clear and to the point , how did you read them all and not understand them ? Yes , there's people with trillions of dollars , and some with very little. But Torque at $1000 is priced for the indie with no budget at all , EVERYONE can put some money aside every week and have the money to buy Torque in a couple of months , it's priced VERY moderately.

The only thing I can think is that you might be a 12 year old kid that sees $1000 like a million dollars , because other than that , I don't see how you could consider such a modest price so ridiculously expensive you compare it to spending $50,000 a night in a penthouse suite. Do you realize what you say ?

And , did you know that the full version of GameStudio costs $899 ? And do you realize many people here on the boards have the Pro version ? Are they filthy rich billionaires who lavishly spend away their money with no care in the world ?

And one last thing , if your that bad off financially , there IS free engines , MANY MANY free engines , it's not like I'm posting on the board of a freeware engine , the full featured version of this engine costs $899 , don't forget that when your making your comparisons.