Quote:
Well it is a nice test still, even one 167k poly fortress with a desert scene (trees, buildings, huge terrain, etc) is still a nice test. When testing with A6 I couldn't come close to having that many polys or entities without the engine throwing up on itself. The terrain for A6 was rather slow.

uh, you realize that if you want to test that fairly you need to have the same machine they have. you afaik were testing with a geforce 6100 which is now-a-days, basically crap compared to even the cheap cards out now.

with the texture resolution you have to remember, reducing from 1024x to 512 is reducing it by 4x, but the amount of pixels is a ton, were going from 512 to 256 your only taking of about 16th as much off.

as far as the problems with the trees its like that with a lot of engines, and a7 is missing one feature that they do really need, and thats object instancing.

as far as what you pulled off with preva vs what you coulda got with tge.... believe me i have love for preva, but you coulda still pulled a lot more off with it than you did and i never understood how you repeatedly said you had all these performance issues.

And i keep telling myself my next post will be on topic laugh

Last edited by lostclimate; 06/19/09 17:10.