Quote:
Losticmate you like a lot A7 , we like the engine also , but unliek you , we are not fanboys, we are realistic and admit worfklow is behind some others, power also.

Some of us , are not people that want to play with tools or code , we don't want puzzle engines or toy engines laugh
We think lot more in terms of making a game , with good features , without loosing time on coding or trying to integrate missing features.

Some of us see lot more making a game something more serious than playing all year with code , and we see it more in terms of time/delay and global project to reach ot a final game

wow. Ok thats bordering on personal insult. fanboy? I have already said, if i had the cash around I'd get torque3d or unity pro in a split second. The main two things I have said here is that people keep bitching and comparing those two engines workflow when its not a fair comparison, and saying that a7 can't do something just because they cant do it.

as far as both the "having never tested it" and the "bad framerate" comment: with the exception of volumetric god rays, a precipitation shader (which I've already described an even better process in the shader forum) and dynamic shadow mapping I have done with a7 everything that has been showing, I've implemented ssao, bloom, normal mapping, huge complex levels with entity management, dof, ive made editors for materials and landscapes. I just dont feel the need to recreate them all to prove something to you or why_do_i_die.

and as far as it being a toy engine, well apparently a toy engine gets my rent, food on my table, my utility bills, my savings, my taxes, and all my spending money. and tell ichiro lambe or david landcaster or dan_silverman, or andvari.... That its a toy engine.

Last edited by lostclimate; 06/19/09 16:53.