"you'll have to learn that stuff eventually if you want a full fledged in-house job at a game studio some day"

Who ever said I was a programmer ? I'm a full developer , with experience in gfx scripting designing and over all project management. My goal is not to become a programmer , if it was , I would be reading some C++ and DirectX books. My goal is to create a game development company , starting with indie games and move to console games. By that time , I would hire a programmer if needed , for more complicated things , but I could care less for becoming a programmer or for working for any game development company , that is not my intention , it has never been.

So the more features an engine has out of the box , the better for me , because I could care less for setting it up myself if I can buy a tool that already has it set up for me. I model/texture and do environment modeling , however , a lot of times I purchase 3d models and textures rather than making them , because it saves a ton of time. So you can see why I'm liking how the new Torque 3D is looking so far.

And again , one of their biggest strengths is cross platform publishing, it's such a great feature I'm learning Javascript right now for Unity and as soon as I get it down I'm moving to C++ for Torque (hopefully I can get by with minimal knowledge as I hear C++ is HARD).

I love GameStudio , and will probably always have a copy around , but I feel the more serious I take game development the more important an engine and it's features start to become, as even though right now it's much easier for me to develop with gamestudio , learning and developing with unity and torque seem like a much better investment of my time, as it will give my games a much bigger audience.