"The only added value of an engine is the workflow"
EXACTLY

That's what the whole discussion is about. Having an engine where you can just provide the art , and select per pixel lighting for it and dynamic shadows , and just compile and have it work just like it's supposed to is INVALUABLE. Having this engine gave the shaders optomized with fallbacks for older cards is even better. This is what I'm talking about , having a river editor ? FANTASTIC , having the shaders ready out of the box for the river/water = GREAT.

Because I KNOW I can do this with gamestudio , but if another engine is offering all this things out of the box , it's many many things less in my mind while creating a game.

One of the things I want to test with torque 3d is speed , as I havn't downloaded it(don't know if they have download available) , because I'm busy with a diff project.

But speed is also a concern , but the new Torque 3D toolset is AWESOME , undeniable , everything that's been asked of gamestudio for years torque has delivered , don't see how anyone could not see that ?