Quote:
Now , gamestudio supports shaders , sure , but implementing them is a PAIN. Just having some normal mapping with bloom will pain your life.

Bull, it takes about 5 minutes to set that up.

Quote:
Shadows , the gamestudio shadow system is putrid , it's no good , it's of amateur level, useless junk.

No, you just don't know how to make dynamic shadow mapping, blame yourself not the engine, and maybe study shaders a little instead of expecting a one button, 1 style fits all setup.

Quote:
is an indie able to create a next gen game with gamestudio , NO. You would need a full dedicated team working on all aspects of the engine to realize that

That line is hilarious......... wow, so you dont need a full dedicated team to make a next gen game with torque. Actually I can do it myself, in my basement. They have this button in the file menu it says "Create next Gen game" and then it has a few radio buttons to select the console your publishing to laugh

Quote:
professional edition costing $800

Why is everyone comparing the pro version to these. pro doenst really add shit. It adds bsp, file packing, extra mp which is better 3rd party anyways, and a 6 month support ticket, if your comparing anything it should be comm to these engines with the addition of the mp plugin of your choosing. not to mention torque 3d will be almost twice the price of A7 pro and almost 8x as much as A7 comm.

Bottom line, again, use what suits your project best with the budget you have.