You all have to be INSANE to be defending gamestudio. Yes , some of this things are possible with it , but have you all seen how complex proper implementations of this things are in gamestudio ? Usually you'll eventually get a developer dedicated to implementing ONE of this features properly and user friendly , and it'll take over a year , and usually never fully working (Sphere? , Intense Ai?).

Now , gamestudio supports shaders , sure , but implementing them is a PAIN. Just having some normal mapping with bloom will pain your life. Usually , you have to have a developer specifically for shaders , or be a shader guru yourself , to manage the shaders. It's garbage.

Shadows , the gamestudio shadow system is putrid , it's no good , it's of amateur level, useless junk.

Gamestudio lighting system , primitive pile of garbage , but in the other hand if you implement per pixel lighting it's decent.

Ingame editor, none-existant.

Cross plattform , only in our dreams.

Web deployment , again , in our dreams.

Support for console development , only in our wildest fantasies.

Case and point , is an indie able to create a next gen game with gamestudio , NO. You would need a full dedicated team working on all aspects of the engine to realize that , but if you manage to get funding for such , why in their right mind would buy gamestudio ? Obviously you'd buy a real commercial engine. Gamestudio is an INDIE engine , with it's professional edition costing $800. It's actually a very nice engine , but in this last 2 years MUCH BETTER engines have come up , and Unity 2.5 , and Torque3D are FAR FAR FAR superior to gamestudio , and both engines have console development versions , gamestudio has NOTHING on this engines , and if gamestudio doesn't step up it's game , I can't see it lasting another couple of years.

I used to think learning torque was too much of a pain , but now , it's the opposite , because learning torque will open the doors to being able to develop for pc , mac , xbox360 , wii , and even Iphone , I would have to be a mentally challenged person to think learning lite-C is a better investment of my time.

c